Join the movement. Create change. Be an MS activist.
You can take action now. Sign up at www.nationalMSsociety.org/MSactivist. Receive updates on health care reform, policy priorities, and solutions to MS issues. Encourage others to get involved too.
We are activists. Many are individuals who live with MS. Some are friends and family members. Many others are individuals who simply recognize their passion and ability to move us closer to a world free of MS.
Change happens through MS activism.
HOW CAN I BE AN MS ACTIVIST?
I only have a few minutes…
- View the advocacy training video.
- Take action on a hot federal issue.
- Visit the MS activist blog and leave a comment.
- Send an email to or call your elected official.
- Ask your friends, family, and colleagues to get involved.
- Read our National Health Care Reform Principles.
- Register to vote.
I have some spare time…
- Read about other MS activists and our success stories.
- Post MS issues on your own web site, blog, or viral space. Link back to ours.
- Participate in MS Awareness Week activities.
- Learn about your elected officials and their voting records on health care issues.
- Research state legislation online.
- Download the advocacy brochure. Print copies and share with others.
- Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper. Tell your story and ask for change on one issue.
- Call a talk radio show and ask for change on one issue.
I can make a commitment…
- Become an advocacy volunteer or join our chapter Government Relations Committee. E-mail our chapter Advocacy Coordinator.
- Visit your state or federal legislators in their local office.
- Help us recruit more MS activists at the next BikeMS or WalkMS event.
- Visit a self-help group or other program to talk about the power of advocacy. Contact us to find out how.
- Become a subject matter expert and serve on a local task force.
- Organize an event to meet other MS activists in your community.
- Contact the chapter to learn about other opportunities