March 3-9, 2014 is MS Awareness Week and is a great opportunity to spread the word and raise awareness for MS.
To find out ways to raise MS Awareness and to encourage others to move it too, check out these suggested activities:
- Video: Create a video to share your connection to MS. Post your MS Awareness Home Video on YouTube today!
- Banners: Download web banners, email signatures, and other images. Create your own "I Connect" image.
- Connect: Sign up to receive chapter publications by email
- Take Action: Join the MS Action Alert Network and become an activist.
- Go Public: Contact your local public access TV station. Request to have the National MS Society public service announcements (PSA’s) or full length educational programs added to their schedule. Contact Jamie at 781-693-5144 for DVDs.
- Tweet with the hash tag #MSconnection or join our March 14 Twitter Chat
- Orange: Raise MS aWEARness by wearing orange; need something new? Visit the Society Store.
- Form a team: Bike MS, Walk MS, or Challenge Walk
- Donate: Support the Society — every donation moves us closer to a world free of MS
- Be a Champion: Sign up to be a Research Champion with the National MS Society NOW Campaign.
- Spread the Word: Tell five people it’s MS Awareness Week and ask them to tell five more people
- Volunteeer: Sign up to volunteer at an upcoming chapter event. This year we're looking for volunteers to plant flags of hope and/or hand out MS Awareness bookmarks. Contact Emily.Flanders@nmss.org for more details.
- Letter to the editor: a letter you can send to the editor of your local newspaper
- Sample fundraising letter
Remember, Move it...
Move it, during MS Awareness Week.
It is the perfect time to join and help build the MS Movement.
For more information, contact the Greater New England Chapter office, and ask for Steve Sookikian at 1-800-344-4867 or email@example.com.