MS Leaders Circle honorees, who are nominated by their peers or nominate themselves, have already made substantial contributions to civic, business and cultural endeavors in the region – but want to do more to give back.
The MS Leaders Circle is composed of upwardly mobile business professionals in the greater Philadelphia region who want to make a difference in their community by undertaking a fundraising campaign to benefit local people living with multiple sclerosis. In addition, honorees have the option to partake in a community service project which offers an opportunity to personally make a difference in the MS community.
Since its inception, the MS Leaders Circle has raised more than $2 million to fund research into a cause and cure for MS. The program has also assisted 14,000 local people through essential services that increase the independence of people living with this disease. Participants who meet our fundraising goals are honored at an awards ceremony with former 76ers President Pat Croce.
Membership in the Leaders Circle includes:
- Prestige to be among the region’s civic leaders
- Special insert (pdf) with picture and bio in the Philadelphia Business Journal
- A welcome reception hosted by Larry Kane
- An awards reception hosted by Pat Croce
- Networking events with fellow honorees and alumni from corporations throughout the region
- Opportunity to broaden resume with nonprofit experience
- Raise a minimum of $1,500 through a special gifts campaign with guidance and support from Society staff
- Set and publish a fundraising goal
- Provide a biographical sketch including photo (can be taken at Awards Ceremony)
- Attend the awards reception on October 2
- Nominate individuals for future MS Leaders Circles
- Participate in group community service project (optional)
- To recognize 75 of our area’s corporate leaders
- To raise $150,000 for the fight against MS
- To educate the business community about MS and raise awareness about chapter resources for those living with MS